Chipped Red Paint

About Me

My photo
I am a young female journalist in the middle of the map. I began to blog as an outlet to the injustices I see everyday- be they major, comedic or simply an overload of what is in my own head. I don't think I can change the world with my blog, but changing my own is a damn good start (cue MJ "Man in the Mirror"...humor folks.)

Friday, April 16, 2010

Self-Evaluation: The Interactive Blogger

When you think of a blogger, the first naive thought that comes to your mind may be an extreme. What first came to me was some sort of nerd who gets paid by the hour to sit in his house, probably unwashed, and input information into the computer. For a better image, picture Sandra Bullock from The Net to get a better idea.

Well this image is the FIRST thing to go when someone actually begins blogging or purposely learns about what a blogger does all day. So here are the basics-very condensed.

A- Blogging is usually a movement of love on the writer's part. They are not making big bucks right off the bat unless they start with a major company or have a sweet job. In the end, you need to be able to afford to do a minimum of 3-5 hours of research and then spend another hour or so preparing what you put up fluffed with plenty of related photos and links.

B- Everything I said about Sandra Bullock being a blogger is wrong for one simple reason: you NEED to have a life to be a blogger. No in betweens. Basically, even with the reach of the web, you can only sit on your but at home and read about something before viewers can tell that you haven't actually experienced what you're writing about. Why would I post feedback to what you're writing if every time it is clear you can only relate about as much as me, the commenter, and that is through a computer screen. Whomp Whomp.

So, unless you're lazy. you may have taken a quick scroll down to see if I measure up to the criteria I just laid out. Eh, partially. Everything is written by me and I have experienced them. But I wrote this post hoping it would inspire something in me to be a bit more interactive myself. MAKE something happen.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment