Chipped Red Paint

About Me

My photo
I am a young female journalist in the middle of the map. I began to blog as an outlet to the injustices I see everyday- be they major, comedic or simply an overload of what is in my own head. I don't think I can change the world with my blog, but changing my own is a damn good start (cue MJ "Man in the Mirror"...humor folks.)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Salute


If you've ever experienced your city's public transit system, you've no doubt come across the bus driver worthy of his own "Real men of Genius" commercial. His name, Mr. Speedracer Bus Driver.

Sliding in your seat ( because who needs a seat belt on a 15 ton vehicle when it reaches over 50 mph, eh?) and feeling the driver accelerate while turning the corner then punching the break can only be entertaining in retrospect. Why? Because Mr. Speedracer Bus Driver is black.

The comedy of it all: the man is clearly taking extreme steps to dispel the myths of colored people time everywhere he goes. My life almost being lost in the process seems insignificant to the greater mission.

I salute you, Mr. Speedracer Bus Driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment