Chipped Red Paint

About Me

My photo
I am a young female journalist in the middle of the map. I began to blog as an outlet to the injustices I see everyday- be they major, comedic or simply an overload of what is in my own head. I don't think I can change the world with my blog, but changing my own is a damn good start (cue MJ "Man in the Mirror"...humor folks.)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Day in the Life


Nothing is more filling than the last bite of food, but only if eaten while in the check-out line. 


Most customers would agree. The flavors are enhanced if the ill-gotten goods are downed at 1 a.m. and the culprit is intoxicated. Next, sticky-fingers makes their way to the sub shop line to order their food, running into those pesky things called shelves. If you’re a customer, you might find this annoying, as a cashier I see pure entertainment. They continue, cursing out people and objects in the way, just so they can slur their turkey on wheat order--extra mayo.

 

They make it out of line, already biting into their unpaid for food, only to stumble a few more steps as they grab some chips and finally a soda to wash it all down. The scenario is routine by now, the shoppers just don’t know they are a part of the production.

 

 Half of a sandwich, salty fingers and a soda later, the culprit reaches the register. This is the moment of truth. We can all laugh off out right theft if the person has their card handy, ready to quickly swipe their debt away.  When they don’t it usually goes along these lines” Oh My Go*, I forgot my card!” Entertainment: meet long F*cking night. This is promptly followed by

a-Looking through every crevice of a purse ( or outfit). 

b-Asking a friend for cash or... 

c-Outright flirting (flashing) for free food.

All before the digital clock strikes 2 a.m. on a thirsty Thursday. 

Oh the joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment